Saturday, May 30, 2009

Recycled Sun Catcher




Our town does not recycle much more than plastic bottles, so I have quite a collection of plastic egg cartons, salad containers and other items that I simply cannot throw away. Yesterday I came up with a cute way to reuse the top of a plastic lettuce container. Actually, any clear plastic flat lid would work. The one I used was not attached, but a clamshell type container could work too if you cut the top off. I gave H a little cup (repurposed applesauce container) of Elmer's glue mixed with a little water and a paintbrush, some small pieces of tissue paper and a bunch of confetti, small beads and small dried beans and lentils. She brushed on the glue, stuck on the decorations and then brushed a little more glue on top. I made sure it was applied thickly over the more 3-dimensional items. It took most of the day to dry. We hung it up this morning and it looks great!


1 comment:

  1. cool next time i have one we will have to make one of these!

    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete