Monday, September 6, 2010

Found Object Art

My favorite thing about making art with found objects is that there is no limit on the possibilities. You can use anything to make anything. You can save it, leave it alone, knock it down or blow it away. The other thing I love about it is that it can just creep up on you when you least expect to be making art.
For example, your kids might come across an interesting assortment of bolts, washers and a dead fly or two and get to work making....
 a "Tower"...
a "Train"...
"Butterflies"...
and just a cool thing that turns.
My kids stumbled upon this stuff at their grandparents house last month and just started to make stuff with it. There was no planning, no set up and hardly any clean-up. They just wanted to show everyone the treasures they made. I am happy had my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment