Monday, October 11, 2010

A Few Things I Want to Try


These pictures are totally unrelated to this post, but I could not resist.

There are so many incredible ideas out there. One of my favorite late night treats is to navigate my way through blog land and get inspired. I know, that might sound pretty lame, but chances are if you are reading this, you have similar interests. By the time I get the kids to bed and finish all the lunch making, dish washing, clothes folding and mess cleaning I am really too tired to do much else. It actually works out well. My husband is in his Netflix world on the couch. I am sitting across the room in heaven reading about sewing projects I will someday do and new ways to use chalk. We both have a glass of wine and exchange occasional smiles. The first snow of the season is on the ground, the house is cozy... life is good!


So about those ideas. I am presently inspired by many things, but will only share a few. I love  MaryAnn F. Kohl's Dark Sugar Chalk. I did try this while Hollin was at school and Waylon was napping. I did not take pictures, I figured I should really let the kids have a chance. It really is fun.

Zakkalife has a beautiful idea of switching from paper to leaves as a painting surface.

I love this sweet drawing book from Paint Cut Paste. A beautiful way to keep and treasure the many drawings made by your child.

The Mother Lode is truly loaded with good stuff. I especially love this embroidered family hands project.

I really want to get some little ones together and make some paper shapes like the ones featured on The Artful Parent.


And there is so much more out there!











No comments:

Post a Comment