Tuesday, May 4, 2010

With Rocks and Leaves...

Now that spring is here, Hollin has been spending every minute she can outside.  Her being outside alone is new for us. I am so glad that she has a safe place to play and explore.
I was thrilled the other day when she showed me what she had been working on near the side of our house. She spent about an hour collecting, arranging and rearranging rocks and sticks to create the trees and flowers pictured above.
Last summer we created Earthworks which were similar to her recent creations. I often wonder if our creating together inspires her to do these things or if she would have done it on her own. I suppose there is no way to find out. I am looking forward to seeing what can be made once we have some color to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment