Monday, July 13, 2009

Pack, Pack, Pack

Color, Color, Color may be taking on some new personas over the next few months as we plan for and execute our big move from Maryland to Alaska. Yesterday I spent the day packing up the majority of our art supplies. The movers will be here in less than a month and I really need to clear things out and start to see some progress. I did leave some things out to put a small travel art kit together for me and the kids because it will be quite some time before we get to our belongings. The move itself will take 2 weeks, then, everything will be in storage until we find a house and are ready to move in. I must say, I am excited about the challenge of creating with new and few materials. I did leave out our clay, it will have to passed on because it is just too heavy to take so I am sure we will be using that in the next few weeks. I think we will also be working with nature, looking, listening and talking about the art and beauty around us. I may actually discover that we don't really need many materials after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment